Hardwood Tree Improvement and Regeneration Center
Research Work Unit NRS-14
Our research mission
is to develop genetic, molecular, and tissue culture technologies and forest and nursery management guidelines for improvement of central hardwood forest productivity. more>>
Our Research Areas
We are :
Developing hardwood (oak and walnut) molecular markers for use in determination of genetic quality and population structure of current natural forests and plantations, and quantitative genes in superior hardwood trees. more>>
Our Latest Products
- Ebrahimi, Aziz; Zarei, AbdolKarim; McKenna, James R.; Bujdoso, Geza; Woeste, Keith E. 2017. Genetic diversity of Persian walnut (Juglans regia) in the cold-temperate zone of the United States and Europe. Scientia Horticulturae
- Rink, George; Van Sambeek, J.W.; O'Connor, Phil; Coggeshall, Mark. 2017. Practical strategies of black walnut genetic improvement?an update. Walnut Council Bulletin. 44(2): 1-3, 10-11.
- Yan, Jing; Han, Kai; Zeng, Shuyun; Zhao, Peng; Woeste, Keith; Li, Jianfang; Liu, Zhan-Lin 2017. Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of Platycarya strobilacea (Juglandaceae). Conservation Genetics Resources. 9: 79-81.
- Lee, Jun Hyung; Pijut, Paula M. 2017. Isolation and characterization of a floral homeotic gene in Fraxinus nigra causing earlier flowering and homeotic alterations in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Gene
- Hu, Yiheng; Woeste, Keith E.; Zhao, Peng 2017. Completion of the chloroplast genomes of five Chinese Juglans and their contribution to chloroplast phylogeny. Frontiers in Plant Science. 7: 1955.
Last Modified: 02/02/2016