Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Research Work Unit NRS-10
Our Research Mission
To develop strategies and tools to assess, protect, and improve forest health and productivity based on an improved understanding of tree and forest function.
Our Research Areas
Invasive Species - Forests are threatened by the introduction, establishment, spread, and impact of invasive species, particularly in the northern U.S.
Forest Fungi - Forest management for productivity and carbon sequestration is limited by an inadequate understanding of the critical roles of forest fungi in pathology, biodiversity, tree nutrition, and biogeochemistry.
Physiological Responses of Trees to Environmental Stress. - Forest health and productivity are threatened by an inadequate understanding of key physiological responses of trees to environmental stress.
Our Latest Products
- Horn, Kevin J.; Thomas, R. Quinn; Clark, Christopher M.; Pardo, Linda H.; Fenn, Mark E.; Lawrence, Gregory B.; Perakis, Steven S.; Smithwick, Erica A. H.; Baldwin, Douglas ; Braun, Sabine ; Nordin, Annika ; Perry, Charles H.; Phelan, Jennifer N.; Schaberg, Paul G.; St. Clair, Samuel B.; Warby, Richard ; Watmough, Shaun 2018. Growth and survival relationships of 71 tree species with nitrogen and sulfur deposition across the conterminous U.S.. PLOS ONE
- Juzwik, Jennifer ; Yang, Anna ; Chen, Zhanghing ; White, Marshall S.; Mack, Ronald 2018. Vacuum steam treatment eradicates viable Bretziella fagacearum from logs cut from wilted Quercus rubra. Plant Disease
- Jagemann, Stephanie ; Juzwik, Jennifer ; Tobin, Patrick ; Raffa, Kenneth F. 2018. Seasonal and Regional Distributions, Degree-Day Models, and Phoresy Rates of the Major Sap Beetle (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) Vectors of the Oak Wilt Fungus, Bretziella fagacearum, in Wisconsin. Environmental Entomology
- Davoodian, Naveed ; Bergemann, Sarah E.; Hosaka, Kentaro ; Raspe, Olivier ; Bougher, Neale L.; Fechner, Nigel A.; Henkel, Terry W.; Gelardi, Matteo ; Soytong, Kasem ; Naseer, Arooj ; Ortiz-Santana, Beatriz ; Baroni, Timothy J.; Nagasawa, Eiji ; Smith, Matthew E.; Halling, Roy E. 2018. A global view of Gyroporus: molecular phylogenetics, diversity patterns, and new species. Mycologia
- Cira, Theresa M.; Koch, Robert L.; Burkness, Eric C.; Hutchison, William D.; Venette, Robert C. 2018. Effects of diapause on Halyomorpha halys (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae) cold tolerance. Environmental Entomology
Last Modified: 01/25/2011