Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Research Work Unit NRS-10
Our Research Mission
To develop strategies and tools to assess, protect, and improve forest health and productivity based on an improved understanding of tree and forest function.
Our Research Areas
Invasive Species - Forests are threatened by the introduction, establishment, spread, and impact of invasive species, particularly in the northern U.S.
Forest Fungi - Forest management for productivity and carbon sequestration is limited by an inadequate understanding of the critical roles of forest fungi in pathology, biodiversity, tree nutrition, and biogeochemistry.
Physiological Responses of Trees to Environmental Stress. - Forest health and productivity are threatened by an inadequate understanding of key physiological responses of trees to environmental stress.
Our Latest Products
- McDermot, Covel R.; Minocha, Rakesh ; D'Amico, Vince ; Long, Stephanie ; Trammell, Tara L. E. 2020. Red maple (Acer rubrum L.) trees demonstrate acclimation to urban conditions in deciduous forests embedded in cities. PLOS ONE
- Ma, Chuanxin ; Liu, Hong ; Chen, Guangcai ; Zhao, Qing ; Guo, Huiyuan ; Minocha, Rakesh ; Long, Stephanie ; Tang, Yuanzhi ; Saad, Emily M.; DeLaTorreRoche, Roberto ; White, Jason C.; Xing, Baoshan ; Dhankher, Om Parkash. 2020. Dual roles of glutathione in silver nanoparticle detoxification and enhancement of nitrogen assimilation in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill). Environmental Science: Nano
- Atabayeva, S. D.; Minocha, R. ; Minocha, S. C.; Rakhymgozhina, A. ; Nabieva, A. M.; Nurmahanova, A. C.; ?enzhebayeva, S. S.; Alybayeva, R. A.; Asrandina, S. S. 2020. Response of plants to cadmium stress. International Journal of Biology and Chemistry
- Yi, Xueling ; Donner, Deahn M.; Marquardt, Paula E.; Palmer, Jonathan M.; Jusino, Michelle A.; Frair, Jacqueline ; Lindner, Daniel L.; Latch, Emily K. 2020. Major histocompatibility complex variation is similar in little brown bats before and after white?nose syndrome outbreak. Ecology and Evolution
- Wang, Weiwei ; Lindner, Daniel L.; Jusino, Michelle A.; Page-Dumroese, Deborah ; Palmer, Jonathan M.; Banik, Mark T.; Jurgensen, Martin ; Draeger, Kymberly ; Liu, Yong 2020. Wood-colonizing fungal community response to forest restoration thinnings in a Pinus tabuliformis plantation in northern China. Forest Ecology and Management. 476: 118459.
Last Modified: 01/25/2011