Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Research Work Unit NRS-10
Our Research Mission
To develop strategies and tools to assess, protect, and improve forest health and productivity based on an improved understanding of tree and forest function.
Our Research Areas
Invasive Species - Forests are threatened by the introduction, establishment, spread, and impact of invasive species, particularly in the northern U.S.
Forest Fungi - Forest management for productivity and carbon sequestration is limited by an inadequate understanding of the critical roles of forest fungi in pathology, biodiversity, tree nutrition, and biogeochemistry.
Physiological Responses of Trees to Environmental Stress. - Forest health and productivity are threatened by an inadequate understanding of key physiological responses of trees to environmental stress.
Our Latest Products
- Juzwik, Jennifer ; Hughes, Marc A.; Chen, Zhangjing ; Yang, Anna ; Keith, Lisa M.; White, Marshall S. 2022. Vacuum Steam Treatment of Metrosideros polymorpha Logs for Eradication of Ceratocystis huliohia and C. lukuohia. Plant Disease
- McEvoy, Susan L.; Sezen, U. Uzay; Trouern-Trend, Alexander ; McMahon, Sean M.; Schaberg, Paul G.; Yang, Jie ; Wegrzyn, Jill L.; Swenson, Nathan G. 2022. Strategies of tolerance reflected in two North American maple genomes. The Plant Journal
- Sapes, Gerard ; Lapadat, Cathleen ; Schweiger, Anna K.; Juzwik, Jennifer ; Montgomery, Rebecca ; Gholizadeh, Hamed ; Townsend, Philip A.; Gamon, John A.; Cavender-Bares, Jeannine 2022. Canopy spectral reflectance detects oak wilt at the landscape scale using phylogenetic discrimination. Remote Sensing of Environment
- Moore, Melanie J.; Juzwik, Jennifer ; Saiapina, Olga ; Ahmed, Snober ; Yang, Anna ; Abbas, Abdennour 2022. Use of Sodium Hydroxide DNA Extraction Methods for Nested PCR Detection of Bretziella fagacearum in the Sapwood of Oak Species in Minnesota. Plant Health Progress
- Blagden, Megan ; Harrison, Jamie L.; Minocha, Rakesh ; Sanders-DeMott, Rebecca ; Long, Stephanie ; Templer, Pamela H. 2022. Climate change influences foliar nutrition and metabolism of red maple (Acer rubrum) trees in a northern hardwood forest. Ecosphere
Last Modified: 01/25/2011