Pilot Studies for Enhanced Forest Land Measurement
- Download PDF (1492996)
- This publication is available only online.
North American Carbon Program, NACP_Intensive_WP_004. 9 p.
Land measurements will make a significant contribution towards answering the science questions that motivate the North American Carbon Program (NACP):
- What is the carbon balance of North America and adjacent ocean basins, and how is the balance changing over time? What are the sources and sinks, and the geographic patterns of carbon fluxes?
- What factors control the sources and sinks, and how do they change with time?
- Are there potential "surprises", where sources could increase or sinks disappear?
- How can we enhance and manage long-lived carbon sinks to sequester carbon?
Birdsey, R.; Hollinger, D.; Heath, L.; Hoover, C.; Kolka, R.; Smith, M. L.; Ryan, M. 2003. Pilot Studies for Enhanced Forest Land Measurement. North American Carbon Program, NACP_Intensive_WP_004. 9 p.