Scientists & Staff
J. Boone Kauffman
Notes: This person is no longer an employee of the Northern Research Station.
Featured Publications & Products
- Kauffman, J. Boone; Heider, Chris; Cole, Thomas G.; Dwire, Kathleen A.; Donato, Daniel C. 2011. Ecosystem carbon stocks of micronesian mangrove forests. Wetlands. 31: 343-352.
- Kauffman, J. Boone; Cole, Thomas G. 2010. Micronesian mangrove forest structure and tree responses to a severe typhoon. Wetlands. 30: 1077-1084.
- Murdiyarso, Daniel; Donato, Daniel; Kauffman, J. Boone; Kurnianto, Sofyan; Stidham, Melanie; Kanninen, Markku. 2009. Carbon storage in mangrove and peatland ecosystems: A preliminary account from plots in Indonesia. Working paper 48. Bogor Banat, Indonesia: Center for International Forestry Research. 35 p.
- LaRosa, Anne Marie; Tunison, J. Timothy; Ainsworth, Alison; Kauffman, J. Boone; Hughes, R. Flint. 2008. Chapter 11: Fire and nonnative invasive plants in the Hawaiian Islands bioregion. In: Zouhar, Kristin; Smith, Jane Kapler; Sutherland, Steve; Brooks, Matthew L. Wildland fire in ecosystems: fire and nonnative invasive plants. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-42-vol. 6. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 225-242
- Dwire, Kathleen A.; Kauffman, J. Boone; Baham, John E. 2006. Plant species distribution in relation to water-table depth and soil redox potential in montane riparian meadows. Wetlands. 26(1): 131-146
Publications & Products
- Warren, Matthew; Hergoualc'h, Kristell; Kauffman, J. Boone; Murdiyarso, Daniel; Kolka, Randall. 2017. An appraisal of Indonesia's immense peat carbon stock using national peatland maps: uncertainties and potential losses from conversion. Carbon Balance and Management
- Ellsworth, Lisa M.; Litton, Creighton M.; Taylor, Andrew D.; Kauffman, J. Boone. 2013. Spatial and temporal variability of guinea grass (Megathyrsus maximus) fuel loads and moisture on Oahu, Hawaii. International Journal of Wildland Fire. 22(8): 1083-1092
- Donato, Daniel. C.; Kauffman, J. Boone; Murdiyarso, Daniel; Kurnianto, Sofyan; Stidham, Melanie; Kanninen, Markku. 2011. Mangroves among the most carbon-rich forests in the tropics. Nature GeoScience 4:293-297
- Ainsworth, Alison; Kauffman, J. Boone. 2010. Interactions of fire and nonnative species across an elevation/plant community gradient in Hawaii volcanoes national park. Biotropica. 42(5): 647-655.
- Ellsworth, Lisa M.; Kauffman, J. Boone. 2010. Native bunchgrass response to prescribed fire in ungrazed Mountain Big Sagebrush ecosystems. Fire Ecology
- Kauffman, J. Boone; Cole, Thomas G. 2010. Micronesian mangrove forest structure and tree responses to a severe typhoon. Wetlands 30:1077-1084
- Donato, Daniel C.; Fontaine, Joseph B.; Campbell, John L.; Robinson, W. Douglas; Kauffman, J. Boone; Law, Beverly E. 2009. Conifer regeneration in stand-replacement portions of a large mixed-severity wildfire in the Klamath-Siskiyou Mountains. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 39(4): 823-838.
- Donato, Daniel C.; Fontaine, Joseph B.; Robinson, W. Douglas; Kauffman, J. Boone; Law, Beverly E. 2009. Vegetation response to a short interval between high-severity wildfires in a mixed-evergreen forest. Journal of Ecology. 97(1): 142-154
- Fontaine, Joseph B.; Donato, Daniel C.; Robinson, W. Douglas; Law, Beverly E.; Kauffman, J. Boone. 2009. Bird communities following high-severity fire: Response to single and repeat fires in a mixed-evergreen forest, Oregon, USA. Forest Ecology and Management. 257(6): 1496-1504
- Guild, Liane S.; Kauffman, J. Boone; Cohen, Warren B.; Hlavka, Christine A.; Ward, Darold E. 2004. Modeling biomass burning emissions for Amazon forest and pastures in Rondônia, Brazil.. Ecological Applications. 14(4): S232-S246
- Martin, Robert E.; Kauffman, J. Boone. 1989. Use of prescribed fire to reduce wildfire potential. In: Berg, Neil H. tech. coord. Proceedings of the Symposium on Fire and Watershed Management: October 26-28, 1988, Sacramento, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-109. Berkeley, Calif.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station: 17-22
Last modified: Friday, January 24, 2020