Scientists & Staff
- University of Maine, Ph.D. Forest Resources, 2017
- Oregon State University, M.S. Forest Resources, 2013
- Texas A&M University, B.S. Geography, 2011
- Ecological Society of America
- Society of American Foresters (SAF)
Publications & Products
- Muñoz Delgado, Bethany L.; Kenefic, Laura S.; Weiskittel, Aaron R.; Fernandez, Ivan J.; Benjamin, Jeffrey G.; Dibble, Alison C. 2019. Northern mixedwood composition and productivity 50 years after whole-tree and stem-only harvesting with and without post-harvest prescribed burning. Forest Ecology and Management
- Muñoz, Bethany L. 2017. Long-term Sustainability of Northern Mixedwood Management: Spatial and Temporal Aspects of Forest Productivity. Orono, ME: University of Maine. 138p. Ph.D. dissertation. https://digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/etd/2778.
- Olson, Elizabeth K.; Kenefic, Laura S.; Zukswert, Jenna M.; Langley, CJ M.; Dibble, Alison C.; Muñoz Delgado, Bethany L. 2019. Understory vegetation and site condition data from the "Nonnative Invasive Plants" study at the Penobscot Experimental Forest. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0016.
National Research Highlights
In a unique collaboration aimed at training the next generation of natural resource professionals, the Forest Service partnered with the University of Maine, Wabanaki Center, Maine tribes, and others to support an internship program for Native American youth. Over 2 years, the project supported eight student interns and resulted in a new interpretive trail for professionals and community members, highlighting negative effects of nonnative invasive plants and demonstrating mechanical and chemical control.