Scientists & Staff
Featured Publications & Products
- Palik, Brian J.; Kastendick, Doug. 2010. Response of seasonal pond plant communities to upland forest harvest in northern Minnesota forests, USA. Forest Ecology and Management. 260: 628-637.
- Bradford, John B.; Kastendick, Douglas N. 2010. Age-related patterns of forest complexity and carbon storage in pine and aspen-birch ecosystems of northern Minnesota, USA. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 40: 401-409.
- Palik, Brian J.; Kastendick, Doug. 2009. Woody plant regeneration after blowdown, salvage logging, and prescribed fire in a northern Minnesota forest. Forest Ecology and Management. 258: 1323-1330.
- Fraver, Shawn; Jain, Terrie; Bradford, John B.; D'amato, Anthony W.; Kastendick, Doug; Palik, Brian; Shinneman, Doug; Stanovick, John. 2011. The efficacy of salvage logging in reducing subsequent fire severity in conifer-dominated forests of Minnesota, USA. Ecological Applications. 21(6): 1895-1901.
- Gilmore, Daniel W.; Kastendick, Douglas N.; Zasada, John C.; Anderson, Paula J. 2003. Alternative Fuel Reduction Treatments in the Gunflint Corridor of the Superior National Forest: Second year results and sampling recommendations. Res. Note NC-381. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 8 p.
Publications & Products
- Harmon, Mark E.; Fasth, Becky G.; Yatskov, Misha ; Kastendick, Douglas ; Rock, Joachim ; Woodall, Christopher W. 2020. Release of coarse woody detritus-related carbon: a synthesis across forest biomes. Carbon Balance and Management
- Jones, Samantha M.; Bottero, Alessandra ; Kastendick, Douglas N.; Palik, Brian J. 2019. Managing red pine stand structure to mitigate drought impacts. Dendrochronologia
- Anderson, Brian ; Russell, Matthew ; Windmuller-Campione, Marcella ; Palik, Brian ; Kastendick, Douglas. 2018. Development and Evaluation of Black Spruce (Picea mariana (Miller) B.S.P.) Diameter Increment Models across Silvicultural Treatments in Northern Minnesota, USA. Forests
- Looney, Christopher E.; D'Amato, Anthony W.; Palik, Brian J.; Fraver, Shawn ; Kastendick, Douglas N. 2018. Size-growth relationship, tree spatial patterns, and tree-tree competition influence tree growth and stand complexity in a 160-year red pine chronosequence. Forest Ecology and Management
- Young, Brian D.; D'Amato, Anthony W.; Kern, Christel C.; Kastendick, Douglas N.; Palik, Brian J. 2017. Seven decades of change in forest structure and composition in Pinus resinosa forests in northern Minnesota, USA: Comparing managed and unmanaged conditions. Forest Ecology and Management
- Kastendick, Douglas N.; Palik, Brian J.; Zenner, Eric K.; Kolka, Randy K.; Blinn, Charles R.; Kragthorpe, Joshua J. 2014. Regeneration responses in partially-harvested riparian management zones in northern Minnesota. Journal of Water Resource and Protection. 6(6): 556-564.
- Kastendick, Douglas N.; Zenner, Eric K.; Palik, Brian J.; Kolka, Randall K.; Blinn, Charles R. 2012. Effects of harvesting on nitrogen and phosphorus availability in riparian management zone soils in Minnesota, USA. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 42(10): 1784-1791.
Last modified: Thursday, April 02, 2020