Scientists & Staff
- Michigan State University, M.S. Applied Statistics, 1994
- Michigan State University, B.S. Statistics, Computer Science & Philosophy, 1984
Featured Publications & Products
- Vasievich, J. Michael; Hobrla, Sharon L.; Hansen, Mark H. 1997. Distribution and extent of tree mortality in North Central hardwood forests. In: Pallardy, Stephen G.; Cecich, Robert A.; Garrett, H. Gene; Johnson, Paul S., eds. Proceedings of the 11th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-188. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station: 117
Publications & Products
- Simard, Albert J.; Blank, Richard W.; Hobrla, Sharon L. 1989. Measuring and interpreting flame height in wildland fires. Fire Technology
- Wilson, Louis F.; Hobrla, Sharon L. 1987. A Procedure for Sampling Nymphs of Saratoga Spittlebug, Aphrophora Saratogensis (Homoptera: Cercopidae), Using Percentage of Sample-Units Infested. The Great Lakes Entomologist. 20(4): 187-192.
National Research Highlights
From bright green insects that hitchhiked to the United States in packing material to a tiny insect that literally sucks the life out of hemlock trees, insects, even catastrophically damaging ones, are fascinating. A new podcast brings captivating stories about USDA Forest Service science to a whole new audience via an intimate, and popular, new medium.