Scientists & Staff
Notes: This person is no longer an employee of the Northern Research Station.
Featured Publications & Products
- Padley, Eunice A.; Donner, Deahn M.; Fassnacht, Karin S.; Zalesny, Ronald S.; Birr, Bruce; Martin, Karl J. 2011. Managing carbon sequestration and storage in northern hardwood forests. In: Challenges of managing for early successional forests and associated species. SE and SW chapters of The Wisconsin Society of American Foresters & The Wisconsin Chapter of the Wildlife Society; 2011 March 1-3; Wisconsin Dells, WI: 37. Poster abstract.
- Mattson, William J.; Yanchuk, Alvin; Kiss, Gyula; Birr, Bruce. 1999. Resistance to galling adelgids varies among families of Engelmann spruce (Picea engelmani P.). In: Lieutier, F.; Mattson, W.J.l Wagner, M.R., eds. Physiology and Genetics of Tree-Phytophage Interactions international symposium; 1997 August 31-September 5; Gujan, France. Paris, France: INRA Editions: 51-64.
- Herms, Daniel A.; Mattson, William J.; Karowe, David N.; Coleman, Mark D.; Trier, Terry M.; Birr, Bruce A.; Isebrands, J. G. 1996. Variable performance of outbreak defoliators on aspen clones exposed to elevated CO2 and O3. In: Hom, John; Birdsey, Richard; O'Brian, Kelly, eds. Proceedings 1995 meeting of the northern global change program; Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-214. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 43-55.
Publications & Products
- Zalesny, Ronald S.; Stange, Craig M.; Birr, Bruce A. 2019. Survival, Height Growth, and Phytoextraction Potential of Hybrid Poplar and Russian Olive (Elaeagnus Angustifolia L.) Established on Soils Varying in Salinity in North Dakota, USA. Forests
- Zalesny, Ronald S.; Hallett, Richard A.; Falxa-Raymond, Nancy; Wiese, Adam H.; Birr, Bruce A. 2014. Propagating native Salicaceae for afforestation and restoration in New York City's five boroughs. Native Plants Journal. 15(a):29-41.
- Headlee, William L.; Zalesny, Ronald S. Jr.; Hall, Richard B.; Bauer, Edmund O.; Bender, Bradford; Birr, Bruce A.; Miller, Raymond O.; Randall, Jesse A.; Wiese, Adam H. 2013. Specific gravity of hybrid poplars in the north-central region, USA: within-tree variability and site × genotype effects. Forests. 4: 251-269.
- Nitao, James K.; Birr, Bruce A.; Nair, Muraleedharan G.; Herms, Daniel A.; Mattson, William J. 2001. Rapid quantification of proanthocyanidins (condensed tannins) with a continuous flow analyzer. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 49: 2207-2214.
Last modified: Thursday, July 09, 2020