Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Research Work Unit NRS-10
Our Research Mission
To develop strategies and tools to assess, protect, and improve forest health and productivity based on an improved understanding of tree and forest function.
Our Research Areas
Invasive Species - Forests are threatened by the introduction, establishment, spread, and impact of invasive species, particularly in the northern U.S.
Forest Fungi - Forest management for productivity and carbon sequestration is limited by an inadequate understanding of the critical roles of forest fungi in pathology, biodiversity, tree nutrition, and biogeochemistry.
Physiological Responses of Trees to Environmental Stress. - Forest health and productivity are threatened by an inadequate understanding of key physiological responses of trees to environmental stress.
Our Latest Products
- Menolli, Nelson; Justo, Alfredo; Arrillaga, Pedro; Pradeep, C.K.; Minnis, Andrew M.; Capelari, Marina. 2014. Taxonomy and phylogeny of Pluteus glaucotinctus sensu lato (Agaricales, Basidiomycota), a multicontinental species complex. Phytotaxa. 188(2): 78-90.
- Cantrell, Sharon A.; Molina, Marirosa; Lodge, D. Jean; Rivera-Figueroa, Francisco J.; Ortiz, Maria; Marchetti, Albany A.; Cyterski, Mike J.; Perez-Jimenez, Jose R. 2014. Effects of a simulated hurricane disturbance on forest floor microbial communities. Forest Ecology & Management. 332: 22-31.
- Lodge, D. Jean; Cantrell, Sharon A.; Gonzalez, Grizelle. 2014. Effects of canopy opening and debris deposition on fungal connectivity, phosphorus movement between litter cohorts and mass loss. Forest Ecology and Management. 332: 11-21.
- Sanchez-Garcia, Marisol; Matheny, P. Brandon; Palfner, Gotz; Lodge, D.J. 2014. Deconstructing the Tricholomataceae (Agaricales) and introduction of the new genera Albomagister, Corneriella, Pogonoloma and Pseudotricholoma. Taxon. 63(5): 993-1007.
- Martinez, Sebastian; Nakasone, Karen K. 2014. New records of interesting corcicioid Basidiomycota from Uraguay. Checklist. 10(5): 1237-1242.
Last Modified: 01/25/2011