Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Research Work Unit NRS-10
Our Research Mission
To develop strategies and tools to assess, protect, and improve forest health and productivity based on an improved understanding of tree and forest function.
Our Research Areas
Invasive Species - Forests are threatened by the introduction, establishment, spread, and impact of invasive species, particularly in the northern U.S.
Forest Fungi - Forest management for productivity and carbon sequestration is limited by an inadequate understanding of the critical roles of forest fungi in pathology, biodiversity, tree nutrition, and biogeochemistry.
Physiological Responses of Trees to Environmental Stress. - Forest health and productivity are threatened by an inadequate understanding of key physiological responses of trees to environmental stress.
Our Latest Products
- Ginzel, Matthew; Juzwik, Jennifer. 2014. Geosmithia morbida, the causal agent of thousand cankers disease, found in Indiana. HN-89-W. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue Extension, Department of Entomology. 2 p.
- Li, Yan-Chun; Ortiz-Santana, Beatriz; Zeng, Nian-Kai; Feng, Bang; Yang, Zhu L. 2014. Molecular phylogeny and taxonomy of the genus Veloporphyrellus. Mycologia. 106(2): 291-306.
- Nakasone, Karen K. 2014. Dendrominia burdsallii (Corticiales, Basidiomycota), a new species from Arizona. North American Fungi. 9(2): 1-5.
- Furbino, Laura E.; Godinho, Valaria M.; Santiago, Iara F.; Pellizari, Franciane M.; Alves, Tania M.A.; Zani, Carlos L.; Junior, Policarpo A.S.; Romanha, Alvaro J.; Carvalho, Amanda G.O.; Gil, Laura H.V.G.; Rosa, Carlos A.; Minnis, Andrew M.; Rosa, Luiz H. 2014. Diversity patterns, ecology and biological activities of fungal communities associated with the endemic macroalgae across the Antarctic peninsula. Microbial Ecology. 67(4): 775-787.
- Smith, Kevin T. 2014. Origin of buds, branches, and sprouts. Tree Care Industry. 25(5): 22-27.
Last Modified: 01/25/2011