Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN.
Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 188 p.
Presents papers and abstracts relating to genetic improvement, nursery production, plantation establishment, natural stand management, pest management, agroforestry and economics of black walnut and related Juglans species.
Titles contained within Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN.
- History of black walnut genetics research in North America
- Walnut genetic improvement at the start of a new century
- Cultivar evaluation and development for black walnut orchards
- Persian walnut breeding in California
- Effect of seed position and media on germination of black walnut and northern red oak: implications for nursery production and direct seeding
- Vegetative propagation of butternut (Juglans cinerea) field results
- Genetic transformation of black walnut (Juglans nigra)
- Production and early field performance of RPM® seedlings in Missouri floodplains
- Facilitating nutrient aquisition of black walnut and other hardwoods at plantation establishment
- Soils and nutrition management for black walnuts
- Site relationships and black walnut height growth in natural stands in eastern Kansas
- Managing black walnut in natural stands: the human dimension
- Ground cover management in walnut and other hardwood plantings
- Girdling eastern black walnut to increase heartwood width
- Use of herbicide to reduce stump-sprouting following thinning of an eastern black walnut agroforestry planting
- Diseases of intensively managed eastern black walnut
- Spread of butternut canker in North America, host range, evidence of resistance within butternut populations and conservation genetics
- Insects attacking black walnut in the midwestern United States
- Control of deer damage with chemical repellents in regenerating hardwood stands
- A new tree improvement programme for black walnut in the United Kingdom
- Genetic and silvicultural research promoting common walnut (Juglans regia) for timber production in the United Kingdom
- Walnut tissue culture: research and field applications
- Current research in Spain on walnut for wood production
- Beyond the wild nut: moving toward profitable black walnut nut crops
- Factors affecting the quality of walnut lumber and veneer
- Performance of black walnut in the Yellow River watershed of the People's Republic of China
- The black walnut resource in the United States
Michler, C. H.; Pijut, P.M.; Van Sambeek, J.; Coggeshall, M.; Seifert, J.; Woeste, K.; Overton, R.; Ponder, F., Jr., eds. 2004. Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 188 p.