Scientists & Staff
Biological and Environmental Influences on Forest Health and Productivity
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Cai, Jing; Tyree, Melvin T. 2010. The impact of vessel size on vulnerability curves: data and models for within-species variability in saplings of aspen, Populus tremuloides Michx.
- Cai, Jing; Zhang, Shuoxin; Tyree, Melvin T. 2010. A computational algorithm addressing how vessel length might depend on vessel diameter.
- Galvez, David A.; Tyree, M.T. 2009. Impact of simulated herbivory on water relations of aspen (Populus tremuloides) seedlings: the role of new tissue in the hydraulic conductivity recovery cycle.
- Sack, Lawren; Tyree, Melvin T.; Holbrook, N. Michele; Holbrook, N. Michele. 2005. Leaf hydraulic architecture correlates with regeneration irradiance in tropical rainforest trees.
- Kursar, Thomas A.; Engelbrecht, Bettina M. J.; Tyree, Melvin T. 2005. A comparison of methods for determining soil water availability in two sites in Panama with similar rainfall but distinct tree communities.
Publications & Products
- Cirelli, Damian; Lieffers, Victor J.; Tyree, Melvin T. 2012. Measuring whole-plant transpiration gravimetrically: a scalable automated system built from components.
- Tyree, Melvin T.; Nardini, Andrea; Salleo, Sebastiano; Sack, Lawren; El 0mari, Bouchra. 2004. The dependence of leaf hydraulic conductance on irradiance during HPFM measurements: any role for stomatal response?.
- Cohen, Shabtal; Bennink, John; Tyree, Mel. 2003. Air method measurements of apple vessel length distributions with improved apparatus and theory.
- Kyllo, Damond A.; Velez, Virginia; Tyree, Melvin T. 2003. Combined effects of arbuscular mycorrhizas and light on water uptake of the neotropical understory shrubs, Piper and Psychotria.
- Tyree, Melvin T.; Engelbrecht, Bettina M.J.; Vargas, Gustavo; Kursar, Thomas A. 2003. Desiccation tolerance of five tropical seedlings in Panama. Relationship to a field assessment of drought performance.
- Tyree, Melvin T. 2003. Hydraulic limits on tree performance: transpiration, carbon gain and growth of trees.
- Tyree, M.T. 2003. Hydraulic properties of roots.
- Tyree, Melvin T. 2003. Matric potential.
- Tyree, Melvin T. 2003. The ascent of water.
- Tyree, M.T.; Cochard, H.; Cruziat, P. 2003. The water-filled versus air-filled status of vessels cut open in air: the 'Scholander assumption' revisited.
- Tyree, Melvin T.; Cochard, Herve. 2003. Vessel contents of leaves after excision: a test of the Scholander assumption.
- Tyree, Melvin T.; Vargas, Gustavo; Engelbrecht, Bettina M. J.; Kursar, Thomas A. 2002. Drought until death do us part: a case study of the desiccation-tolerance of a tropical moist forest seedling-tree, Licania platypus (Hemsl.) Fritsch.