Scientists & Staff
Two NASA projects fund my current research which generally focuses on modeling C dynamics and comparing different C change estimation approaches to improve management decisions in U.S. forests. In the first project, our aim is to integrate remote sensing and ecosystem models to upscale C measurements in a way that relies heavily on bottom-up C measurements for calibration and validation. The second project involves a more detailed analysis of uncertainty and approaches for using FIA data for validation of LiDAR biomass models.
- University of Pennsylvania, Ph.D. Earth Science, 2008
- Brigham Young University, M.S. Agronomy, 2004
- Brigham Young University, B.S. Agronomy, 2002
- American Geophysical Union
- Geological Society of America
- American Society of Agronomy
Featured Publications & Products
- Johnson, K.; Scatena, F. N.; Pan, Y. 2010. Short- and long-term responses of total soil organic carbon to harvesting in a northern hardwood forest.
- Johnson, K.D.; Scatena, F.N.; Johnson, A.H.; Pan, Y. 2009. Controls on soil organic matter content within a northern hardwood forest.
Publications & Products
- Cole, Jason A.; Johnson, Kristopher D.; Birdsey, Richard A.; Pan, Yude; Wayson, Craig A.; McCullough, Kevin; Hoover, Coeli M.; Hollinger, David Y.; Bradford, John B.; Ryan, Michael G.; Kolka, Randall K.; Wieshampel, Peter; Clark, Kenneth L.; Skowronski, Nicholas S.; Hom, John; Ollinger, Scott V.; McNulty, Steven G.; Gavazzi, Michael J. 2013. Database for landscape-scale carbon monitoring sites.
- Johnson, Kristofer D.; Scatena, F.N.; Silver, Whendee L. 2011. Atypical soil carbon distribution across a tropical steepland forest catena.
- Johnson, Kristofer D.; Harden, Jennifer; McGuire, A. David; Bliss, Norman B.; Bockheim, James G.; Clark, Mark; Nettleton-Hollingsworth, Teresa; Jorgenson, M. Torre; Kane, Evan S.; Mack, Michelle; ODonnell, Johathan; Ping, Chien-Lu; Schuur, Edward A.G.; Turetsky, Merritt R.; Valentine, David W. 2011. Soil carbon distribution in Alaska in relation to soil-forming factors.