Scientists & Staff
Michael T. Rains
- Humboldt State University, Arcata,California, B.S. Forest Management, 1968
- Humboldt State University, Arcata,California, M.S. Watershed Management, 1970
- Georgia State University, M.B.A. Public Administration, 1980
- Registered Professional Forester, CA, No. 632
- Senior Executive Association
- Community College Teaching Credential, CA
- National Environmental Education and Training Foundation
- Water in the Earth System (AMS), Education Resource Teacher
- National Science Teachers Association
Featured Publications & Products
- Rains, Michael T. 2006. The future of long-term USDA Forest Service research sites in the Northeast. In: Irland, Lloyd C.; Camp, Ann E.; Brissette, John C.; and Donohew, Zachary R., eds. Long-term Silvicultural & Ecological Studies: Results for Science and Management. New Haven, CT: Yale University: 226-228.
Publications & Products
- Lugo, A.E.; Eav, B.; Foster, G.S.; Rains, M.; Reaves, J.; Stouder, D.J. 2014. Forest Service Experimental Forests and long-term data sets: stories of their meaning to station directors. D.C. Hayes, S.L. Stout, R.H. Crawford and A.P. Hoover (Editors), USDA Forest Service Experimental Forests and Ranges: Research for the Long Term. Springer, New York.
- Rains, Michael T.; Hubbard, Jim. 2002. Protecting communities through the National Fire Plan. Fire Management Today. 62(2): 4-11.
Last updated on : 08-May-2015